Friday, February 3, 2012

DETOX Day 2 of who knows... Thursday 2/2/2012

After my 1st day left a bad taste in my mouth (literally and figuratively), I decided to put a little more thought and effort into day 2.

Me in a Nutshell


I definitely was taking the chocolate out of the mixture.  For lack of a better term, we will be calling the mixtures smoothies.  The chocolate with the veggies I chose just wasn't a solid combo for me.  Second point was to break the day down into 6 meals (like I recommend for any diet).  This should help keep my metabolism active and give me a little extra energy throughout my day.  Third point of emphasis was to increase the caloric intake.

With these in mind (and before any dicing, chopping, and especially blending), I mapped out my day.

For my normal meal times (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) I chose to go with a protein drink made up of:

Unsweetened Almond Milk - 8 ounces
Natural Whey Protein - 1 Scoop

Between those meals I would consume 2 smoothies over time.  I figured there was no need to sit and suck down the whole thing.  This was especially true since I added to the serving size to help increase the calories.  This is what I came up with for the smoothies:
I'm a Big Fan of Beets

Napa Cabbage - 3 Cups
Navel Oranges - 2 Full Oranges
Raw Beets - 1 Full Beet
Beet Greens - 2 Cups
Vanilla Flavored Almond Milk - 16 ounces
Blueberries - 1.5 Cups

I divided this into two and thought I was the smartest guy on the planet.  Somehow I severely screwed this up.  I still am not sure how I didn't realize it, but if this was all I was to consume it would have been even less than yesterday.

In a slight panic I tried to think of something super high in calories for my last meal of the night.  Terrible idea because you never want to eat the most calories of your day at night, but I was desperate and knew that it would help for future days.  This is what I came up with:

Lemons - 2 Full Lemons
Navel Orange - 1 Full Orange
Broccoli - 3 Cups
Baby Spinach - 2 Cups
Vanilla Flavored Almond Milk - 16 ounces

This did help increase the daily calorie intake but didn't reach the goal.  With a few changes it will become my breakfast of choice however. 

All was not lost on this day.  Although I only reached 1487 Calories of the 2000 calorie goal, I felt more prepared.  I now had a better understanding of how to get to that goal.  I also learned that I needed to return to the grocery store in order to complete my mission.  Overall, mentally I felt positive knowing I was close to cracking the puzzle, but physically I was feeling pretty bad.

Every source I used for research on this subject warned that in the first few days you might actually feel worse.  They sited the fact that these new foods will naturally pull the toxins out into the bloodstream through the body's own cleansing processes.  It sounded hokie to me so I just ignored it.  Until today when I had a splitting head ache and just felt like I wanted to lay down for a day or two.  I never get headaches unless I am dehydrated (hungover) and I can guarantee after 136 ounces of water today that was not the case.

A Shout Out to Dozer (Erika's Bulldog)


Something else interesting... For fun and for the 1 month anniversary of when I started this blog, I decided to step on the scale.  There was good news waiting for me.  It read 211.8, which is at total of 10.4 lbs lost over the 1st month of my journey, and somehow 2.6 lbs lost over the past 2 days.  That last part may be fool's gold but I will keep you posted.  It could be the fact that I wasn't eating enough or that this detox thing might actually help your body purge some stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment