Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday's Metabolic Trainer's Choice PACK Workout w/ Claire - 2/3/2012

Both Aliyah (my 2 year old daughter) and Claire joined me for this workout.  Exciting and a little nerve racking having your daughter running around near a bunch of dumbbells, not to mention the weights (great joke, huh?).

After a more positive performance Wednesday than I had imagined, I was pretty pumped about today's workout.  That is partly because before walking in I had no idea what I was going to be doing.  Like I said for Wednesday's blog, we are in a completely new phase and have completely different workouts.  The trainer's choice workouts are always a step up from the one's earlier in the week and today that made me happy.  Maybe I'm feeling good from this detox thing?  Who knows?  You will if you read those posts tonight or tomorrow.

I've made a decision to go with higher loads (usually means more weight but could just be more difficult type of resistance) with these new workouts and see if I can still keep the same pace.  If I'm successful in keeping the pace, then I should be able to build a little muscle and still cut some weight.  Of course, I had my trusty training partner Claire to convince me to cut out as much rest as possible and finish this workout as fast as possible.

This workout consisted of the Warm Up, and 3 stations.  Each station was designed to use one type of equipment, but of course I had to be difficult (or at least make it more difficult on myself) by changing it up slightly.  Station 1 used dumbbells, station 2 the agility ladder, and station 3 the medicine balls (or slam balls, medicine balls and dumbbells in my case).  Claire and I worked on the same exercises at the same time, which is a huge motivator for me.  We also chose to complete both sets at each station before moving on to the next.  Check out below and see what we accomplished in just 33 Minutes.

Warm Up - Active Stretching for Chest, Shoulders, and Quads; Side Kicks x 10 Each Leg; Mountain Climbers x 20 Each




Station 1 - 2 Rotations for :45 Each for as Many Repetitions as Possible w/ DBs


Chest Press and Leg Lift - 14 Reps w/ 60lb DBs for Round 1, 10 Reps w/ 70lb DBs for Round 2
Reverse Fly - 22 Reps w/ 20lb DBs for Round 1, 21 Reps w/ 20lb DBs for Round 2
Burpee w/ Lateral Raise - 9 Reps w/ 10lb DBs for Round 1, 9 Reps w/ 12lb DBs for Round 2




Station 2 - 2 Rotations for :45 Each for as Many Repetitions as Possible w/ Agility Ladder


Bunny Hops - 6 Lengths for Round 1, 7 Lengths for Round 2
Jab Steps - 6 Lengths for Round 1, 7 Lengths for Round 2
Side Hops - 6 Lengths to the Right for Round 1, 6 Lengths to the Left for Round 2




Station 3 - 2 Rotations for :45 Each for as Many Repetitions as Possible


Ball Slams w/ Slam Ball - 30 Reps for Round 1, 29 Reps for Round 2
Ball Plank - 45 Second Hold w/ Feet on Red Medicine Ball for Round 1 and Round 2
Jumping Jacks w/ Overhead Press - 42 Reps w/ 15lb DBs for Round 1, 43 Reps w/ 12lb DBs for Round 2

No comments:

Post a Comment