Tuesday, February 7, 2012

DETOX Day 3 of 10 (I think)... Friday 2/3/2012

By George I think I've got it!!  Not a hundred percent sure, but it definitely worked better today than the previous two days and I feel fantastic.

I figured out the six meals thing and worked it out to be a total of 2059 calories.  Surprisingly, I don't feel hungry at all.  In fact, I feel a tad bit full.  I'm feeling this picture Claire posted the other day in real life...

The Third One is the Best because You Actually Feel Full and Satisfied



Probably the best part of the day is that I have already developed a little rhythm to what I am doing.  There are two solid recipes that I think I will be sticking with for a while, and I've added a couple other things to boost the calories and round out the day.  I've also decided to add some ground flax seed to add protein, some essential fats, and extra calories.

I really liked the protein shake from yesterday (http://fitnesstogethercarylochmere.blogspot.com/2012/02/detox-day-2-of-who-knows-thursday.html) but I have changed it a bit.  Instead of just 8 ounces of the unsweetened Almond Milk, I cranked it up to 16 ounces.  The protein powder stayed the same, and the Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner application will remain the same.
"The Green Swamp"

For the mornings, I tinkered with what I had last night and decided it was pretty breakfasty (that's a made up word but I like it).

Lemons - 1 Full Lemon
Navel Orange - 2 Full Oranges
Broccoli - 2 Cups
Baby Spinach - 2 Cups
Vanilla Flavored Almond Milk - 16 ounces
Ground Flax Seed - 2 Tablespoons

For the afternoon snack and evening snack I split this smoothie into two separate servings, but this is the total recipe...
"The Purple People Eater"
Napa Cabbage - 3 Cups
Beets - 1 Cup
Beet Greens (this is what they call the leafy part) - 2 cups
Vanilla Flavored Almond Milk - 16 ounces
Blueberries - 2 cups
Turnip - 2 cups
Ground Flax Seed - 2 Tablespoons

Throughout the day I spread in some Cranberry Juice and I treated myself at night with some Dark Chocolate Almond Milk.

Like I usually do, I am front loading my calories.  It is always a good idea to eat the majority of your calories in the morning and early afternoon so your body has the opportunity to use those calories throughout the day.  If you back load the calories and eat late at night most of those calories will not be used up, and your body will turn them into fat for long term energy storage.

I'm trying to keep this somewhat general and not as detailed in ordered to make it easier to understand.  If you have any questions about specifics as far as individual item nutrition facts, brand names, or anything else please just comment either below or on our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fitness-Together-Cary-Lochmere/342097606390) and I will get you the information you desire.  Chances are that I already have it and just didn't post it because of one reason or another.

Also, if there are certain ideas or concerns that you would like me to cover on a post to post basis let me know and I can work it in.  This is for you, believe me.... I love food way too much to do this for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment