Friday, February 10, 2012

Saturday's Metabolic Trainer's Choice PACK Workout Trained by Erika - 2/4/2012

Since I was going to be at work anyway, and I didn't fit in all of my workouts during the week, I decided to do it up on a Saturday.  No Aliyah, no Claire, and no wonderful clients to keep me company though.  I thought I would be struggling through this one on my own, but Erika was there to rescue me from an uninspired workout.  She didn't work out with me, but she did keep me on task and helped me keep time for the last couple of exercises.



Today's workout is a Trainer's Choice workout, which you may already know are my favorite, and I gave it all I had, thanks to Erika.  Unlike most of our workouts lately, we concentrated on a certain amount of repetitions instead of time.  I really liked it and took advantage, making it through the whole workout in just 28 minutes.  I threw rest and caution to the wind while blowing through this one.  There were four supersets (one exercise straight into another exercise using different muscle groups) that I would complete twice each before moving to the next superset.  The goal for each exercise was 15 repetitions at an extremely challenging resistance level.  I think that I accomplished both parts plus added the aspect of little to no rest...

Warm Up - Foam Roll for Quads and Hamstrings; High Knees and Butt Kicks (Jogging in Place); Medicine Ball Throws - 10 Slams, 10 Chest Pass, 10 Underhand
Foam Roller (in case you were not familiar)












Superset 1 - 2 Rotations for 15 Repetitions w/ No Rest between Exercises


Dumbbell Squat - 15 Reps w/ 30lb DBs for Round 1, 15 Reps w/ 30lb DBs for Round 2
Overhead Press - 15 Reps w/ 30lb DBs for Round 1, 15 Reps w/ 30lb DBs for Round 2




Superset 2 - 2 Rotations for 15 Repetitions w/ No Rest between Exercises

Lunges - 15 Reps w/ 20lb DBs for Round 1, 15 Reps w/ 20lb DBs for Round 2
Incline Press - 15 Reps w/ 45lb DBs for Round 1, 15 Reps w/ 50lb DBs for Round 2




Superset 3 - 2 Rotations for 15 Repetitions w/ No Rest between Exercises

Single Arm Dumbbell Row - 15 Reps w/ 50lb DB for Round 1, 15 Reps w/ 50lb DB for Round 2
V-Up - 15 Reps for Round 1, 15 Reps for Round 2



Superset 4 - 2 Rotations of 1 Minute for as many Repetitions as Possible

Jumping Jacks - 60 Reps for Round 1, 66 Reps w/ 20lb DBs for Round 2
Mountain Climbers - 33 Reps for Round 1, 40 Reps for Round 2



As always if you have any questions or comments just post them and I will let you know whatever you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment