Monday, January 2, 2012

First Workout of the New Year!!!

Before the workout, here are some pertinent stats:

Weight - 221.6, Body Fat % - 19.3%, Waist - 36.75in, Hips - 42.5in, Chest - 40.5in

Today marked the first day of my journey toward a new body.  Our PACK workouts at Fitness Together Cary Lochmere are currently in the Dynamic Strength Phase.  That being said I felt quite dynamic today with the workout that Erika put together and Claire completed with me today.  The goal for dynamic strength is to complete powerful multijoint movements with balance and fluidity.  It also really kicked my butt, and got my heart rate to go through the roof.  I was struggling as usual and Claire was nice enough to pretend she was struggling right along with me.  My 2 year old daughter Aliyah was there with us and she said I did a "good job daddy," so maybe I didn't do that bad.  Here are the specifics (Contact me if you have any questions about verbiage or form):

Warm Up - Foam Rolling for Glutes, Quads, IT Band and Calves;  A Series of Walking Stretches and Arm Circles

Upper Body Component - 2 Rotations of 1 minute for as many Repetitions as Possible

Power Push Ups (alternating hands close and wide);  Gymnastic Ring Pull Ups;  Bench Dips w/ Feet Elevated on Exercise Ball;  Functional Rows w/ Rotation and Extension



Lower Body Component - 25 Repetitions for Exercise 1-3 and 15 Reps for Box Jumps

Speed Squats;  Reverse Lunge with Single Leg Hop;  Split Jumps on 18" Plyo Box;  Box Jumps on 18" Plyo Box



Core - 1 Round of 1 minute for as many Repetitions as Possible

Double Crunch with Full Extension;  Step Through from Push Up Position;  Plank w/ Feet on Medicine Ball;  Back Extensions on Exercise Ball



I will remember to wear my heart rate monitor starting tomorrow to give an accurate account of calories burned.  And, if I can concentrate through the pain, I'll try to let you know the actual number of repetitions.

I did however get some pictures for you to enjoy... or laugh at... or both.



Post your own workouts below in the comments section... I want to see what you got.  However easy or hard you think it is post it, be accountable, be proud, and just be active!

No comments:

Post a Comment