Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Monday's Workout - Full Body PACK with Nellie trained by Erika

I waited to post Monday's Workout until this morning because I thought some of you might have stayed up late for the NCAA Football National Championship Game.  I can't compete for ratings with that, close but I am not quite there yet (although I do have video today). 

Last time I posted my workout, it was a run, and I busted up my ankle and leg pretty nicely.  The minor injuries put me down for 2 days, but yesterday was my triumphant return.  I was a bit nervous to restart but the ankle was definitely not the problem.

So, Nellie was gracious enough to allow me to workout with her last night... too bad Nellie is in ridiculous shape and I had to try (unsuccessfully) to keep up with her the whole time.  It ended up being an awesome workout trained by the wonderful Erika and I honestly think both of us were pretty worn out.  The exercises are difficult, but the thing that got me the most was the pace at which we were moving.  This is what we were working on (and I got rep numbers this time):

Our concentration was on powerful movements for both upper and lower body. We of course did our Warm Up, then ran through 2 circuits. First Circuit focused more on upper body strength and the second Circuit focused on lower body strength and conditioning. Core rounded out the end of the workout portion and always finish with cool down and stretch.


Warm Up - Foam Rolling for Glutes, Quads, IT Band;  Butt Kicks; High Knees; Toy Soldier; Arm Circles


Circuit 1 - 2 Rotations of 1 minute for as many Repetitions as Possible

Ring Pull Ups - 12 for round 1, 11 for round 2;  Bench Dips w/ feet elevated on exercise Ball - 24 for round 1, 20 for round 2 (with my daughter Aliyah on my lap);  Functional Rows w/ Rotation and Extension - 15lbs x 12 reps each side for round 1, 20lbs x 10 reps each side for round 2; Power Push Ups alternating close grip and wide grip - 20 for round 1, 22 for round 2 (half from the knees though)


Circuit 2 - 2 Rotations of 18-25 Repetitions for Exercises 1-3 and 12-15 Repetitions for Box Jumps

Speed Squats x 25 Reps for each round; Reverse Lunge w/ Single Leg Hop x 20 Reps Each Leg for each round; Split Jumps w/ Large Plyo Box x 25 Reps per leg for each round; Box Jumps w/ Large Plyo Box x 15 Reps for each Round



Core - 1 Round of 45 seconds for as many Repetitions as Possible, Step Throughs 12 Each Side

Double Crunch w/ Extension x 15 Reps; Step Throughs x 12 Reps each side; Plank w/ Med Ball Roll x 8 Reps Each side


Claire was kind enough to put up with me and help me film a detailed explanation of the workout, as well as demonstrations of each of the exercises in this workout.  I also went through some progressions of the exercises for those of you who are more, or less, capable.  I am currently attempting to start a youtube channel so we can share those with you and I will repost/update this post as soon as the videos are uploaded.  Check out the videos here http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73CF9AD5D8F41907

As always if you have any questions or comments just post them and I will let you know whatever you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment