Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tuesday's Workout "Alllll by Mysellllllff"- 1/17/2012

So, Monday came and went without any openings for me to complete a PACK session with either a co-worker or a Small Group of my amazing clients.  This occurred mostly because of the fact that I can't leave my dog in the house alone during the day.  The other factor was that, when I was at work, I was building new relationships with some fantastic new clients.  Exciting for all, I know.

That meant on to Tuesday, so I could still sneak in my 3 PACK workouts per week and keep myself on track.  Tuesday was shaping up to look a lot like Monday, but I knew I had to put the work in.  I found a way to get in part of my workout before the clients came in and finish in the back room if they came in early or before I finished.  It was planned to be my first workout without a trainer or another client to keep me motivated (and honest).  However, luckily, Josh (true to form) came in extra early for his first client and helped motivate in a way only Josh can.  Together, we pushed me harder than I've gone so far this year, and I even added in some fun new variations.  Here is what we got done, and there are some pics of the new variations too...




Our concentration was on powerful movements for both upper and lower body. We of course did our Warm Up, then ran through 2 circuits. First Circuit focused more on upper body strength and the second Circuit focused on lower body strength and conditioning. Core rounded out the end of the workout portion and always finish with cool down and stretch.


Warm Up - Jumping Jacks, Toy Soldier, Butt Kicks, Inchworm




Circuit 1 - 2 Rotations of 1 minute for as many Repetitions as Possible


Push Up Step Up w/ Large Plyo Box - 12 Each Hand for Round 1, 13 Each Hand for Round 2
Ring Pull Ups - 10 w/ Feet of the Ground for Round 1, 3 w/ Feet off the Ground + 12 w/ Feet on Small Plyo Box for Round 2
Bench Dips w/ feet elevated on Large Plyo Box - 24 Reps w/ 25lb DB on lap for Round 1, 16 Reps w/ 30lb DB + 2 Reps w/ 25lb DB + 12 Reps w/ no Weight for Round 2 (Josh was having fun with me)
Single Arm Rows Elevated on Large Plyo Boxes - 10 Reps Each Side w/ 45lb DB for Round 1, 17 Reps Each Side w/ 45lb DB for Round 2

















































Circuit 2 - 2 Rotations of 1 minute for as many Repetitions as Possible


Split Squats w/ One Foot on Bench - 16 Reps Each Side for Round 1, 19 Reps Each Side for Round 2
Reverse Lunge w/ Single Leg Hop - 15 Reps Each Leg for Round 1, 16 Reps Each Leg for Round 2
High Knees and Tiny Taps (I'll show you sometime soon) - :15 (HK) + :15 (TT) + :15 (HK) + :15 (TT) for Round 1, :30 (HK) + :15 (TT) + :15 (HK) for Round 2
Lateral Bounds on Large Plyo Box - 22 Reps Each Side for Round 1, 24 Reps Each Side for Round 2

















Core - 1 Round of 1 Minute and 15 seconds for as many Repetitions as Possible


Bicycle Crunch - 42 Reps
V-Ups (or Jackknife) - 24 Reps
Plank w/ Feet on Physio Ball - 1:15
Back Extension on Physio Ball - 27 Reps



That's it for today but I'm about 90% sure we will be right back tomorrow with a new workout.  Thanks to Josh for helping me dominate myself and still get a great workout in on a day I didn't think I would get one in at all.

As always if you have any questions or comments just post them and I will let you know whatever you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment