Thursday, January 12, 2012

Wednesday combo exercises PACK with Claire - 1/11/2012

Before we get into the workout, I wanted to give you an update on some of my important stats...

This is what I started with on the 1st of the year -
Weight - 221.6, Body Fat % - 19.3%, Waist - 36.75in, Hips - 42.5in, Chest - 40.5in

This is what we are today on Wednesday January 11, 2012 -
Weight - 216.6, Body Fat % - 18.4%, Waist - 35.5in, Hips - 42.5in, Chest - 39.5in


Yeah, I'm pretty pumped with the early success and I'm super motivated to keep it going now.  Thank all of you for the 198 page views that keep me accountable for my workouts.  You guys should post your workouts... It helps make sure you actually do them when somebody is expecting to read it!!

Also, here are some video descriptions and tutorials for this workout, http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8005E9A83646E9C7&feature=addto

Alright, let's get into the actual workout. And I have rep numbers...

Our concentration today was to focus on multi-joint combination movements. We of course did our Warm Up, then ran through 2 circuits.  Claire started with the more strength focused circuit and I started with the higher conditioning circuit. We fully completed both rounds at the same circuit then switched.  Core rounded out the end of the workout portion and always finish with cool down and stretch.

Warm Up - Foam Rolling for Glutes, Quads, IT Band; Jumping Jacks for 20 Repetitions; High Knee Jog; Butt Kick Jog

Circuit 1 - 2 Rotations of 1 minute for as many Repetitions as Possible

Kettle Bell Swing using 35lb Kettle Bell x 35 Reps for round 1, x 36 Reps for round 2; Push Up w/ Rotation to Star Position x 16 Reps for round 1, x 14 Reps for round 2; Slam, Squat, and Toss using 10lb Slam Ball x 32 Reps for round 1, x 31 Reps for round 2

Circuit 2 - 2 Rotations of 2 minute for as many Repetitions as Possible


Hip Raise and Chest Fly using 25lb DBs x 31 Reps for round 1, x 25 Reps for round 2 (1/2 with feet on exercise ball); Burpee w/ Push Up and Shoulder Press x 6 Reps w/ 25lb DBs (interrupted by the UPS Guy) for round 1, x 10 w/ 20lb DBs and added hop at end for round 2; Straight Leg Deadlift w/ Biceps Curl x 18 Reps w/ 25lb DBs for round 1, x 18 Reps w/ 30lb DBs for round 2


Core - 1 Round of 1 minute for as many Repetitions as Possible

Sit Up to Stand Up w/ BOSU Ball x 16 Reps; Plank w/ Alternating Medicine Ball Roll; Single Arm DB Sit Up using 20lb DB x 11 Each Side


It was really raining out today, and I'm a sissy so I decided to hit up the elliptical.  I know the elliptical is a little easier for me than running so I pumped up the resistance a little bit and tried to go faster to make up the difference.

Elliptical - Level 8 for 20 minutes, 2.56 miles total, burned 250 calories right on the dot.


That's it for today but I might be able to get some video from this workout in the next couple days (depending on Claire's willingness to work with me again).  Stay on the lookout for some new posts and since tomorrow is a light workout day I have something completely new for you!



As always, if you have any questions or comments just post them and I will let you know whatever you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment