Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Today's Workout -- First Run in Quite a While

So today was more of a recovery day than anything but I went for a run.  Of course, being the genius I am, I decided to take off for my run at 8:04pm this evening.  That normally wouldn't be such a problem except that even North Carolina is cold tonight.  It's a robust 29 degrees in beautiful Sanford, NC and I definitely felt like I was running in 29 degree weather.

My strong hatred of running and the still available excuse of having knee surgery has kept me from running as much as I should be running.  After just passing the 1 year mark since my surgery, I no longer have any excuses to fall back on, and I need to catch up to my buddy Justin in New Jersey who is running under 6 minutes a mile for 5 miles!!  I'm used to running long distances at much slower paces but I'm too competitive to be so much slower than him. 

Therefore, tonight my dog Clubber and I ran just 2 miles but cut down from my usual 10-12 minute pace to a blistering 9 minute mile pace.  I know, I know, I still have a lot of work to do, but I am determined to at least cut it down to about 7 minutes.

I'm going to try and go for the run in the morning tomorrow but sometimes the bed is just sooo nice.  Either way tomorrow is workout and run day so I have lots of posting to do... see you then.

Oh yeah, this is my run buddy....



No comments:

Post a Comment