Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Saturday's Wonderful Workout with Wonderful Claire and Sunday BBall- 1/14/2012

Its been a while since I've posted but that doesn't mean I haven't been working hard.  Had a great workout with Claire on Saturday and rode my bike to go play some basketball on Sunday.  Work has been picking up lately and things at home have been crazy with my run buddy Clubber destroying the house.  So, the workouts over the past week have given me an outlet for some much needed stress relief.  Read on for some of the weekend highlights... and some pictures!!


For this amazing Saturday afternoon we (Claire and I) wend through an awesome "Trainer's Choice" PACK Workout.  With a few new exercises and a few modifications of some exercises from earlier in the week, Claire put together a monster workout for our clients on Friday and Saturday.  We ran through this workout a little differently than usual as well.  Though there were still 2 Circuits, we decided to fully complete all of the exercises from the first circuit, move to the second and complete it, and then come back and do each for a second round through. You will see that I had a great workout, and even though I was exhausted, I really gave the second round everything I had.  As usual, we used some core exercises to round out the end of the workout portion.  Oh yeah, always finish with cool down and stretch.

Warm Up - Jumping Jacks for 20 Repetitions; Standing High Knees; Standing High Kicks; Light Kettle Bell Swing with Both Arms

Circuit 1 - 2 Rotations of 1 minute for as many Repetitions as Possible


Step Over and Back (Big Box) – 7 Each Leg for Round 1 / 8 Each Leg for Round 2;  Lateral Bounds (Big Box) – 23 Each Side for Round 1 / 24 Each Side for Round 2Rope Slams – 47 for Round 1 / 51 for Round 2; Alternating Rope Slam – 67 Each for Round 1 / 73 Each for Round 2
Circuit 2 - 2 Rotations of 2 minute for as many Repetitions as Possible


Sumo Squats (35lb KB) – 37 for Round 1 / 42 for Round 2Split Squats (20lb DBs) – 10 Each Leg for Round 1 / 15 Each Leg for Round 2;  Ring Push Up – 21 for Round 1 / 27 for Round 2; Ring Pull Up – 5 w/ Feet Off Ground, 12 Regular For Round 1 / 23 Regular for Round 2














Core - Bicycle Crunch and Double Crunch w/ Extension for Reps, 6 Inches Hold for time


Bicycle Crunch x 50 Reps Each Side (15 Really Slow, 15 Normal, 20 as Fast as Possible); Double Crunch w/ Extension x 25 Reps; 6 Inches Hold for 1 Minute (30 Sec w/ Hands Over Head, 30 Sec w/ Hands Down to Side)



After being rejuvenated by my workout on Saturday, I really wanted to keep up the momentum.  My Sunday tradition is to play basketball outside at a park near my house in Sanford.  The basketball isn't that good, but the guys I play with are all soccer players and run up and down the court without stopping the whole game.  It's exhausting and fun for me no matter if I win or not, which is weird because I'm usually a little over-competitive.  During the NFL season I like to drive to the park at about 10:30am or 11:00am, play for a couple hours and leave as close to 1:00pm as possible.  Since the Eagles are no longer playing I decided to literally go the extra mile... 2.75 miles to be exact.  Instead of driving like usual and making sure I was back in the house to see the opening kick-off of the football games, I chose to get my bike ready and ride to the park with my bball gear in my backpack.

It took a little while to dust off the bike.  It is a men's bike but it was originally my wife's, and we haven't used it the entire 7 years we have lived in North Carolina.  I though it was broken but apparently all I had to pump up the tires... who knew?  Another thing I was wrong about was the distance the park was from my house.  It always seemed so close in the car, and I definitely didn't notice the hills before either.  The thing that saved me going up some killer hills was my quick learning of how to use the gears on a bike.  That and the fact that I knew I was going to be able to cruise down these monster hills on the way back.  The total distance was only 2.75 miles, which isn't a ton on a bike, but it felt like a whole lot more.  By the time I started playing basketball the running up and down the court seemed like a rest period.  It took a bit longer to get there, so next week I'm definitely leaving earlier.  That way I can make sure I get more than just a couple games in.



That is it for this weekend, and lookout this week for a new addition to the Fitness Together Cary Lochmere Blog. 

And as always post any comments, questions, observations, suggestions, etc. below or on our Facebook page!! You know what I have going on, so let us know what you have going on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment