Friday, January 6, 2012

Time to Catch You Up on My Recent Runs...

I'm cheating in 2 ways today.  I fell behind on posting my runs for you guys and this is also the first post I will be putting up all on my own without consulting my personal Blogmaster (Claire's new nickname).

One thing I have not been cheating on is my new workout regimen.  I think I told everyone that I hated running, right?  As you read, you will find out that I actually have a good reason to hate running now... Or at least for hating poorly lit sidewalks.

Wednesday night I had a late night at work and didn't make it back to the house until exactly 10:11PM.  However, the dedicated young man that I am decided I should take Clubber for a nice run anyway.  Clubber deserved it because he had just finished his first day with his new "Thundershirt" and didn't destroy anything in our house.  It's a great product and if you don't know what it is but have a dog you should check it out.  So, not only was it really late (past my bed time to be frank), but I had also decided it would be a great idea to take a brand new route.  Brand new routes are usually a good thing for me but this was the first time I didn't know what the distance was.  After a significant downhill to start the run I should have known I was in for a doozy.  That and the fact that the route was around the neighborhood I live in and drive through everyday of my life.  But I still seemed surprised while dragging myself up each hill in what ended up being a 2.17 mile run (according to mapmyrun.com).  I finished it in a mediocre 20 minutes, but Clubber seemed pleased.

Tonight, I got an earlier start to my run as I attacked it before leaving from work.  That also meant no Clubber on my run, but don't worry he got a nice walk when I got home.  Though earlier than what I have been doing, it was still around 6pm and dark in beautiful Cary, NC.  Not being stopped by the fact that I couldn't see anything, I chose to run across the street from my studio at the Lochmere Lake.  The sidewalk/track around it is 1.1 miles and I figured it was flat and would be easier.  I don't know if easier was correct but my time was a little bit faster as I finished 2.2 miles in 19 minutes.  This doesn't make sense but I'm a little embarrassed that I am proud of that time.

The most interesting part of my run tonight was not the time or the distance or even the lake.  It was, in fact, when I was trying to dodge some fellow runners (amazingly someone going slower than me).  While dodging them I was apparently also dodging the sidewalk, and as soon as my foot hit the grass my ankle turned and down I went.  Busted up the ankle pretty good but also got these sweet battle scars...

 


Kinda gross but not bad in general... Our First Aid Kit is lacking so the hand sanitizer and paper towel got the call from the bullpen.  Only worry is that the ankle won't be healed for my PACK session tomorrow.

Oh Yeah, I burned 233 Calories during the run today with an average heart rate of 143 and max of 220 (sprint at the end).

No comments:

Post a Comment