Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tuesday's Run (My Fastest So Far!) - 1/10/2012

Just a run today for Tuesday, so I made sure it was a good one.

First, I came home from work to find my run buddy (Clubber my dog) hiding from me.  Usually, that means he has done something pretty terrible.  As it turns out, he had his way with 3 cabinets that hold food in our kitchen.  This was proof to me that he was a little disappointed I hurt myself and couldn't run with him for a couple days.  Not even his Thundershirt could replace the great runs we were taking.

Tonight was time to restart our new past time.  I chose to run the 2.17 mile route around my neighborhood.  With help from some pent up energy for both Clubber and me, we both took off at a really good pace.  After a great start I knew this was going to be an awesome run... then Clubber had to stop to do what dogs do outside... three time, to be exact.  Physically, it is kind of hard to get re-started on a good pace after stopping, but for me it is even harder mentally.  I refused to let him beat me (plus I was already kind of mad at him), so we kept pushing on and it was pretty hard for me.  Apparently, I was not punishing him like I thought I was because he didn't seem to mind the pace.  In fact, he was running back and forth almost taunting me and definitely pulling me each way.  The whole run was a struggle but I was so exhausted I could no longer be mad.  I'm pretty sure by about half way through we were just running at his pace, not mine.  When we get to the end of a run, I usually let him off the leash and we race home for about .2 mile or so.  This time, he was just showing off because when I let him go he just took off out of sight.  The only problem was that it wasn't on our route, or toward our house.  I had to run quite a bit extra, but eventually I found him when he came sprinting right past me, back toward the house.

When we finally finished this torturous run I looked at my watch and was expecting to be frustrated with how much extra time I spent dragging the dog around.  Instead, I should thank Clubber for somehow making me run the 2.17 + miles in just 19 minutes, even with all the stops.  I know it isn't very fast but for me in the cold, I'll take it every time.

Tomorrow is combo exercise PACK day so I can't wait to post again for you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment