Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wednesday's Combo PACK Workout w/ Claire - 1/18/2012

PACK Workout # 2 of the week was today and I can't honestly say I was looking forward to it.  I have been in "work mode" a lot lately and Today wasn't much different.  I was locked in and ready to accomplish some serious amounts of stuff.  That stuff however, did not include a workout, not in my head at least.  Claire, thankfully, does a good job of keeping me honest and making me put in the work both on my business and my body.  It ended up being one of my best workouts so far and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.  Sometimes you just have to fight through the bad days and realize you will feel better after you "just do it."  Oh yeah, we have some footage at the end...



Our concentration was on powerful movements through combination exercises. We of course did our Warm Up, then ran through 2 circuits. We decided to change things up a little bit and ran straight through both circuits at the same time.  It really helped motivate me because I couldn't let Claire outdo me if we were doing the same exercise at the same time.  We ran all the way through all the exercises for round 1 (w/15 seconds rest b/w exercises), rested 1 minute, and ran through one more time for round 2 (45 seconds rest b/w exercises). Core rounded out the end of the workout portion and always finish with cool down and stretch.




Warm Up - Jumping Jacks - 30 Reps, Knees to Chest, Butt Kicks




Circuit 1 - 1 Rotation of :45 and 1 Rotation of 1:15 for as many Repetitions as Possible


Fly w/ Hip Raise w/ Feet on Physio Ball - 20 Reps w/ 30lb DB for Round 1, 30 Reps w/ 30lb DB for Round 2
Burpee w/ Push Up and Push Press - 8 Reps w/ 25lb DB for Round 1, 10 Reps w/ 25lb DB for Round 2
Deadlift and Biceps Curl - 12 Reps w/ 35lb DB for Round 1, 20 Reps w/ 35lb DB for Round 2




Circuit 2 - 1 Rotation of :45 and 1 Rotation of 1:15 for as many Repetitions as Possible

Kettle Bell Swing w/ 35lb KB - 29 Reps for Round 1, 37 Reps for Round 2
Push Up w/ Rotation - 12 Reps w/ 15lb DB for Round 1, 15 Reps w/ 15lb DB for Round 2
Slam Ball Toss and Slam - 22 Reps for Round 1, 33 Reps for Round 2




Core - 1 Round of 1 Minute and 15 seconds for as many Repetitions as Possible


Sit Up and Stand Up w/ BOSU and Medicine Ball - 20 Reps
Single Arm DB Sit Up - 15 Reps Each Side w/ 15lb DB
Plank w/ Medicine Ball Roll - 1:15




Thanks again to Claire for not making me workout by myself again and making me push myself that little bit extra.  Friday's workout should be fun.  It's another Trainer's Choice PACK Workout so I might be in for some surprises.


Check out these videos of Claire and I finishing up the PACK Workout with some Core exercises.... Thank you Josh.







Here is the link if you have any trouble viewing...
 http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFAF6F2D633863049



As always if you have any questions or comments just post them and I will let you know whatever you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment